Monday, October 22, 2012

Sheldon Lake State Park

Well, our little family went on our latest adventure last weekend to Sheldon Lake State Park.  It's not a very well known state park in Houston.  I actually found out about it by chance while looking for directions to San Jacinto State Park last month!  Again, it was a short drive from home.  The weather was perfect for a short walk, and as you can tell from our photo's we saw lots of wildlife.  I made sure to keep a close eye on my little Mila Bug.

Freedom!

Texas Alligator

I'm still trying to find out the name of this bird!

 Beautiful violet flowers. 

This is Bent Pine and when this tree was very small, a larger tree fell on top of it and bent it over.  The young tree survived and grew up and around the older one.  Over time,  the old tree rotted away.   I love nature. 


Texas swamp...but they call it a lake.  You decide.  : )  

Can you spot the poisonous water moccasin?  David did and was relieved he didn't step on it! 

This is a photo I took prior to leaning over the fence, which resulted in my $40 sunglasses falling into the water.  I then cried out for David to come rescue them from the evil snake and alligator invested waters.  In which he did promptly with the broken off branch he found in the woods.  Oh!  My hero!  

The phrase "Don't mess with Texas" doesn't mean a thing when you see an 8 foot alligator swim by. 

Dancing in the wind. 



2 comments:

  1. looks like quite an adventure! That snake and alligator freaked me out. Glad your hubby saved the day!
    PS: Like the Blue Whale on your last post....really cool!

    ReplyDelete