Friday, March 14, 2014

MY FAVORITE ART SPACE

I'm a big fan of the Menil Collection.  In college I used to love it because it was free. (the front desk requests donations)  Of course I also enjoyed the fabulous collection of modern art!  Now, it's the whole experience of quickly making my way through the travel exhibitions before Amelia gets bored and when she does, we head to the park right next door where she gets to run around and play for a bit.

Currently on view: Lee Bontecou: Drawn Worlds,  which was my favorite, while David loved the expansive travel show, Memories of a Voyage: The Late Work of Rene Magritte.  Who knew Magritte incorporated so many self-portraits in his work!  Amelia's favorite was a painting with the ABC's painted on it, while she was singing her little heart out in the quiet museum.  Never a boring (uhh silent) moment with a toddler!



No comments:

Post a Comment