Friday, September 6, 2013

My oh so Ugly Laundry Room

It all started one day when David went to Equador with his brother for a ten day motorcycle trip through the mountains.  One of the extremely ugly linoleum tiles in the laundry room was loose, so I figured it would be an easy task to remove all of it.  I figured David would love to re-tile the entire room when he came back!  ; )   Well, tile number two was a little harder to take off and eventually it was near impossible for me to remove them, so halfway finished and I lost interest.  It's been a couple of months now and I finally got David to help me out last weekend!  So far, we've removed all tiles, patched up the random holes in the walls and ceiling, bought new tiles from Lowe's and a pretty green paint color for the walls.  I'm hoping this weekend we can get to laying down some tile.  It will be a first time for us, so we'll see how it goes.  Wish us luck!

Getting creative with protective eye wear. Ha Ha! 

The only nice thing in this room is the stained glass window my father in law made for us as a house warming gift!

We still haven't  figured out how we are going to remove this from the floor?

A Paul Kaiser original.

This old pipe has no function what so ever.  We are planning on extending the step, just to cover it up. 

Yuck! Someone did a poor job fixing this wall before us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment